If you are expecting or are a parent of a baby or toddler, I highly recommend you and your partner, or helper, take this First Aid and CPR Emergency Care Training Course. The all English training is focused on pediatric emergency care. As a mom of four kids, I can tell you be ready for broken bones, deep cuts, banged heads and choking. All households can benefit from having someone at home who knows how to react on the spot: Knowledge can save a life. Be prepared!
KSpace Tokyo is the organiser of the training and will be holding it at their facility in Shiroganedai in Minato-ku, Tokyo. There is also a special offer for BestLivingJapan readers! When you apply say you learned about it on BestLivingJapan, and you will get a 10% discount. Sign-up here. Remember to mention in the message section about BestLivingJapan.com.
Date & Time: Saturday, February 1st 10:00 – 15:00
Investment: 6,000 yen per person, 10,000 yen per couple/partners
Address: KSpace, 5-13-39 Shiroganedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Sign-up: Inquiry and sign-up form here.
• Adults must attend without children
• Children between 14 months and 6 years (who are used to a preschool environment) can come for child-care/Saturday School for an additional fee of 5,000 yen. Please ask for details.
• Drinks provided. Please provide your own packed lunch.
Pre-requisites for entry:
• Language: The language of instruction is English and handouts are provided in English only.
• Age: Teenagers and above
• Parents: Due to the focus needed during the course, we request that parents/carers attend without their children please.
First Aid and CPR Emergency Care Training Program Details
The Emergency Care Training course offers a basic foundation in emergency care for the lay provider assuming local Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is in place. Within the course, CPR and first aid skills are integrated into an easy-to-remember emergency care sequence. Due to parents’ busy schedules we run a one-day course (rather than the two-day course that concludes with certification). The course covers eight compulsory skills with integrated First Aid, and it is focused on infant care:
(1) Scene Assessment. (2) Barrier Use. (3) Primary Assessment. (4) CPR: Chest Compressions Combined with Rescue Breathing. (5) Serious Bleeding Management. (6) Shock Management. (7) Spinal Injury Management. (8) Conscious/Unconscious Choking Child.
Howard Harris became an Emergency First Response Instructor in Tokyo in 2012. Prior to this he had extensive experience of First Aid, including certification in First Aid and Sea Safety from the Royal Navy’s Maritime Warfare School. Howard enjoyed eighteen years in the Royal Navy and has received Her Majesty The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal and a Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. As well as his experience in the Royal Navy (Police) he holds a BSc (Hons) in Crime and Criminology. Howard is part of the management team at Kspace, the First Aid Trainer, and also the Safety & Evacuation Manager.
First Aid and CPR Emergency Care Training
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.