Kidzania is of our kids` favorite indoor theme park on our list of TOP Theme Parks in Japan next to Kandu and Sanrio Puroland (Kitty Land). Kidzania Tokyo, located at the Urban Dock LaLaport in Toyosu, is an indoor theme park for families. The park is a city built to scale for children complete with buildings, shops, paved streets and vehicles that look like everyday workplaces in Japan. Children aged 3 to 15 years perform activities and are paid for their work. Activities include a fireman, doctor, police officer, model in a fashion show, dancer, cook, baker, etc. There are over 90 jobs to choose from! It`s excellent for learning role-play, how society works and just having fun. For all fun things transportation check here (attractions, shopping and trivia).
Top Tips to Make the Most Out of Your Visit:
1. Plan out what you want to do before you go.
The most popular attractions are the glasses shop (take home a pair of your very own sunglasses when done!), sweets factory (take home candy), Paint Factory (take home your 5 of your favorite paint colors), Airplane Pilot, Fire Department, and all food making activities. If interested in the listed activities line up for them first in order to secure the chance of participating.
2. Get there early.
Reception begins at 7:40am (for those who wish to start as early as possible), and doors open from 8:30am enabling kids to line up at their first pavilion. Activities begin from 9am. Many Japanese families line up from 6am!
3. What to do between activities.
– Go to an activity with a short wait time (e.t. Takyubin (delivery), banana shop, etc)
– Create a bank account. You`ll receive a bank card and kidzania wallet as a free gift. You can deposit and withdraw your kidzos at the bank or atm.
– Have your kids browse or shop in the Mitsukoshi Department store. They can use their kidzos to purchase goods in the store.
– If your child had their photo taken during one of the activities you can view and purchase them near the airplane.
4. Grab a table for lunch early.
Seats go fast near lunch time. Save a spot as the lines to purchase food get long close to noon.
5. Kidzania has English Wednesdays
A number of activities are conducted only in English. The activities are listed on sheet given to you at the entrance. Note they change weekly.
6. Visit KidZania during the month of your child`s birthday
Visit KidZania during the month of your child`s birthday and they`ll receive a special Birthday card. Present it at paid activities and they`ll get to do it for free.
7. Parents with elementary school aged kids can leave the facility.
– Elementary school aged kids can do jobs on their own. Parents/guardians can relax in the parents lounge on the 2nd floor or they can leave Kidzania during the shift to shop in the Lalaport complex.
Things you need to know:
– An orange job card is given to you at the entrance. Your child must keep this at all times to participate in an activity.
– Parents/guardians are not allowed to participate in the activity. They can only view it from behind the glass panel/seated area.
– Only ONE activity at a time can be reserved. Once you finish that activity, you can reserve another one. If the wait time is long for your next activity look for a pavilion with a short completion time.
– KidZania is a theme park, so there will usually be wait times per activity.
– Kidzania has EAP (English Activities Program) which offer activities in fluent English with NO WAITING times. Contact Kidzania for details.
Kidzania Tokyo Details:
Address: Urban Dock LaLaport Toyosu, North Port 3rd floor, 2-4-9 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo (google map)
Hours: 1st shift: 9:00-15:00, 2nd shift: 16:00-21:00. Doors open 30 minutes before each shift.
Access: 8 min walk from Toyosu Station on the Yurakucho and Yurikamome lines
Kidzania Tokyo – Tips to Make the Most Out of Your Visit
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.